7 Tips to Improve and Accelerate Your H1B Job Search
The H1B employment market is a small sub-sector of the overall US employment market, you need to focus and target your search on the companies and jobs that present an opportunity to end up with an H1B visa. Here's a few quick tips to help you:
1) if you want the best opportunity to get considered for H1B jobs and selected for H1B interviews - get your CV converted to a US style and standardized resume, and get it professionally reviewed, improved and optimized for the sponsorship employment market.
2) if you're applying to any and all jobs on job boards - focus and target on the jobs that are available for H1B visa sponsorship (they're the only ones that will get you a visa so review job details carefully).
3) if you're applying to any and all US employers - focus and target on the employers that hire foreign nationals and file for H1B visas (they're the only ones that will get you a visa so review if they sponsor or not before spending time applying).
4) if you're strategy only includes using job boards - you're missing out on around 80% of H1B visa job and sponsorship opportunities. Studies show that most H1B jobs are filled by other more pro-active strategies (before they need to be advertised on job boards).
5) H1B sponsorship job interviews are different to regular job interviews. Learn how to address that you need visa sponsorship and how to answer sponsorship employment related questions.
6) there are best-practice processes and effective procedures to obtain H1B visa sponsorship. Learning them will save time and help to speed up the process.
7) there are many laws, rules and regulations for the H1B visa program, and they continually change and get updated. Learning them and staying up to date will save you from making mistakes that can lead to disaster.
Do everything 'right' from the start - it's more effective, saves time, and gets the best results